Friday, April 17, 2009

Update and Notes: Progress and Burglaries

It's great to see the first bit of information from the substrate tests. The early phases of the project seem to be going fine.

The Lemelson-MIT grant and the UN SEED grants have been submitted and we'll find out about those soon. The farms are excited and ready to go. On Tuesday this week, I visited one of our farms with a WWF representative. We happened to bump into the pond manager there and he was excited about the project and volunteered his time on weekends to help the IHS students with the field work. I also found out that the probe WWF is installing has finally cleared customs in Honduras and will be arriving in about 2 weeks.

A couple of other things have slowed us down a bit. It will be Easter holday in Belize until Monday next week, so we lost a bit of class time at IHS. Also, I was burglarized and my computer, field notes, back-ups and underwater camera were stolen (life lesson learned: NEVER keep your computer and backups together, even if you're just carrying them in in a back pack for a bit).

So I'm taking 2 weeks in the US to do some family things and trying to recover lost data. I could make a meeting next Friday with the Uni Inventor's Club if you plan to meet.

Look for a post from me soon with information from the Aquamat manufacturer.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I am so sorry for the things you lost.

    We should definitely meet next week to touch base with a lot of issues. It will be good to face-to-face. Lemelson will be turned in again next week. We are applying for some UNI money, Makino Award grant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth.

    I would be delighted to meet this week. I understand from Mr. Bergandine, however, that the normal Friday time is not available. He offered a lunch time meeting. I can do that but I need to know when and if the group is ok with that scenario.

    ReplyDelete