Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Continued Progress


We planted more mangroves at Royal Maya Shrimp Farm last Saturday and had quite a good time (despite the heat).

There were no crocs, but we did find some footprints.

I will be visiting Urbana in about a week and need to know how many Aquamats to bring and what type. I saw that almost 40% of the Uni student body is sick with H1N1 or other sicknesses (Yikes! Who knew coming to the US could be so risky?). In any case, I would fly into hades if necessary to see the state cross country finals, so I'll be there. Tell me a good date between the 6th and 12th if you want to meet.

Here's a quick update on the use of the site. We're well over 3,200 hits (not quite the 6,000 I mis-remembered during our Uni meeting last month). Unfortunately, I was also a bit lax keeping up with all the countries who monitored our site over the summer so these stats will be a bit under-represented. Looking back through September and October and the countries we had already logged, it appears we have at least 44 different nations checking in on us. Those include:

Abu Dhabi
Argentina
Australia
Belize
Brazil
Brunei
Canada
Cayman Islands
China
Columbia
Costa Rica
Croatia
Czechoslovakia
Dubai
Ecuador
England
France
Germany
Guatemala
Honduras
India
Indonesia
Italy
Jamaica
Laos
Malaysia
Netherlands
Pakistan
Philipenes
Poland
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
Slovakia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Thailand
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
United States
Vietnam

November 22, 2009 edit to add:

Albania
Hungary
Iran
Lithuania
Portugal
Romania
Virgin Islands

Nice!

Good luck as you work on designs!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Mr. Smith!

    Well, we are progressing well; we are having a meeting tomorrow and jobs are starting to crystallize within the team, so things should be ready to go now.

    I hope you never meet a croc face to face! I wonder how big they are in Belize...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth.

    I'm flying back soon, so be sure to let me know about the aquamats and whether or not we can/should meet on November 6th (you are doing Friday meetings, yes?).

    As for crocs, yes, we see them all the time down here. The smaller species is called Morelet's crocodile. They rarely get over 10 feet. The larger one is the American crocodile and it can reach just about any size. Attacks on people are very, very rare down here (although the converse is not true).

    Good luck as you work on jobs. Be sure to keep the blog in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mr. Smith,
    In terms of aquamats, it would be great if we could have samples each type of aquamat, 3 or 4 of them if you have enough space in terms of luggage rules.
    The flu is going down right now and we are actually at our normal absent people/day rate so hopefully, you will not catch a nasty bug when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the note, Amy. I'm glad people are starting to recover from the flu.

    I was able to get 3 Aquamas (1 of each type) into my luggage. They are pretty bulky. I think Wednesday was mentioned as a meeting day. Erin and I will be there!

    ReplyDelete